Water Exercise To Relieve Back Pain
SINGLE LEG BALANCE REACH
And the 3 movements to try:
- Stand on one leg. If needed hold the pool wall for better balance.
- Swing the suspended leg font to back in a range that feels good. Repeat 5-10x.
- Swing the suspended leg right to left in a range that feels good. Repeat 5-10x
- Swing the suspended leg clockwise and counterclockwise in a range that feels good. Repeat 5-10x
- Switch legs and repeat the series.
- Repeat each exercise 5-10 times before switching to the other leg.
- Always move in a range that feels good.
- Increase strength by increasing the speed of each motion.
- When adding rotation to a movement, swing the leg clockwise and counterclockwise. Protect your back by leading the movement with your belly button.
- Try these movements on land—especially when adding rotation. You should notice how the movement comes from your hip, rather than twisting at your knee or back.